Fluffy Apple Cheesecake
This recipe from Lina Ly was one of the winner's of the Apple Recipe Competition at the Canadian Baking and Sweets Show.
|1 1/2cup||graham cracker crumbs||170g|
|1/4 cup||melted unsalted butter||60g|
|2 1/2 cups||softened cream cheese||500g|
|1 1/4 cups||granulated sugar||250g|
|1 tsp||cake flour||5mL|
|1 tsp||pure vanilla extract||5mL|
|3 tbsp||freshly squeezed lemon juice||15mL|
|2||Ontario Crispin apples|
|1 tbsp||brown sugar||15mL|
1. In a large bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter (herein “crumb mixture”)
2. In a 9’ cake pan, press down the crumb mixture with a spoon, and use your hand to smooth out, and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
3. Wash, dry, peel and core the apples and slice them into thin pieces.
4. In a large bowl, mix together the sliced apples, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, ½ teaspoon of cinnamon and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, until evenly coated.
5. Take out the crumb mixture from the fridge and layer on one layer of the sliced apples, put back into the refrigerator while preparing the cheesecake batter.
6. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
7. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream the cream cheese and slowly adding the granulated sugar, cake flour, pure vanilla extract and lemon juice.
8. Add one egg at a time, mix, but try not to over mix.
9. Take out the crumb and apple mixture, grease the sides of the pan with butter and pour the cheesecake batter into the pan.
10. Tap the pan 2-3 times on the table to remove air bubbles.
11. Take remaining apple slices and layer them over the top of the mixture (it’s okay if they sink into the cake batter, as either works).
12. Bake the cake in the preheated oven for about 30-40 minutes or until risen and slightly golden brown at the top.
13. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 30 minutes and refrigerate for at least 5 hours.
Take out refrigerated cake and extract from the pan, decorate with whipped cream and apple jam as desired.