Apple Brie Tartlets
A cross between sweet and savoury, these apple tartlets are wrapped in a flaky puff pastry, and filled with soft baked local apples, creamy brie and crunchy walnuts.
Makes 12 tartlets
Chef Tip: Leftovers stored in an airtight container at room temperature for a day or in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in a toaster oven at 350F for 35 minutes or until warm and crispy.
Variety Tip: *Use any local variety that holds its shape when baked
|sheet puff pastry, thawed as instructed on the package
|Ontario apples*, diced small
|walnuts, chopped small
|brie cheese, cut into 12 pieces
|flour for dusting and rolling
- Preheat oven to 375F and position a rack in the lower third of oven. Set aside a mini muffin pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the apples, walnuts, brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Lightly flour your work surface and roll out the puff pastry sheet to just over 9x12". Trim the edges and cut out 12 3x3" squares. Fit the squares into the muffin pan.
- Drop a piece of Brie cheese in each pastry cup. Divide the apple filling into the 12 cups.
- Bake for 15-20minutes or until bubbling and golden brown. Let cool for 5-10 minutes and serve warm.
Recipe Developed for Ontario Apples by Little Sweet Baker