Apple and Smoked Gouda Beer Bread
This delicious beer bread pairs the classic flavors of apple and cheese. There are chunks of sweet apples and smoked Gouda cheese baked into this irresistibly moist and flavorful bread.
Yields one 9x5 loaf
Chef Tip: Leftovers can be stored wrapped up in the refrigerator, sliced and reheated in the toaster before serving.
Variety Tip: *Any sweet local apple variety will work in this recipe.
|3 cups||all purpose flour||(375g)|
|1 tbsp||baking powder||(11g)|
|355 ml||can of beer (apple lager was used in this recipe)||(12oz)|
|1 cup||grated smoked Gouda cheese||(75g)|
|1 cup||sweet apple*, diced small||(125g)|
|1 tbsp||salted butter plus more for greasing|
- Preheat oven to 350F and generously butter a 9"x5" loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, toss together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Slowly pour in the beer and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the apples and cheese. Spoon into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Melt the 1 tbsp of butter and brush over top of the bread. Serve immediately.
Recipe developed for Ontario Apple Growers by Little Sweet Baker